Tiger Dolsot Stone Bowl with Lid (No Trivet) (Size 4)
The Premium Stone Bowls are stoneware made from clay. Stoneware is defined as ceramics fired at about 1,100 °C (2,010 °F) to 1,300 °C (2,370 °F) and glazed. “Stone Bowl” is the common North American name for this type of bowl, directly translated from “Dol Sot” bibimbap. Stone Bowls are made to be porous to
The Premium Stone Bowls are stoneware made from clay. Stoneware is defined as ceramics fired at about 1,100 °C (2,010 °F) to 1,300 °C (2,370 °F) and glazed. “Stone Bowl” is the common North American name for this type of bowl, directly translated from “Dol Sot” bibimbap. Stone Bowls are made to be porous to retain heat for a longer time. However, lower quality bowls are permeable to water also. Dish detergent or other materials can enter and remain in the pores making them unsanitary. Our Premium Stone Bowls are not permeable to water, though still breathable, because they are made with finer clay and glaze-fired twice using natural glaze, unlike the ones often used in restaurants in North America. Also, they are much more durable and long-lasting compared to regular stone bowls. For crunchy rice at the bottom, coat the bowl with vegetable oil or sesame oil (coating is optional) and cook on STOVE TOP (oven will not work) on LOW heat for 15-20 min or until the crusty bottom is formed. Stone Bowls are good not only for Bibimbap but also soups (Tang’s) and stews (Jji gae): such as spicy pork bone soup (Gam Ja Tang), beef short rib soup (Gal Bi Tang), ginseng chicken soup (Sam Gye Tang), spicy tofu stew (soon Du Bu Jji Gae), soybean paste stew (Dwen Jang Jji Gae), kimchi stew (Kimchi Jji Gae).
- Affordable stone bowl with easy care. Diameter 6.3″ (16 cm). No Trivet included.
- Cook & Serve. Less dish-washing and save the earth.
- Lead (Pb) free, cadmium (Cd) free, arsenic (As) free. Premium stoneware (ceramics) made from fine clay, glaze-fired twice with a natural glaze.
- Can be used for cooking directly on stovetops, in ovens and microwaves. Dishwasher safe.
- Perfect for creating sizzling bibimbaps and serving stews, sauces, soups, rice or any dish hot and delicious.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.