Death Stalks Kettle Street
Residents of Kettle Street are dying in random accidents… except they’re not random, and they’re not accidents. Greg knows the truth, but when he’s grappling with OCD and simply closing his front door and crossing the road are a battle, how is he supposed to stop a serial killer? An Amazon Top #5 bestselling, critically
Residents of Kettle Street are dying in random accidents… except they’re not random, and they’re not accidents.
Greg knows the truth, but when he’s grappling with OCD and simply closing his front door and crossing the road are a battle, how is he supposed to stop a serial killer?
An Amazon Top #5 bestselling, critically acclaimed, murder mystery with a difference from the author of Where the Dead Walk, Vessel and Crow’s Cottage.
Meet Greg Unsworth, struggling with OCD, who begins to suspect a string of fatal accidents on his street are in fact a series of murders. At the scene of the latest ‘accident’, he finds an ally in the shape of Beth Grue, local librarian, aspiring murder mystery writer, and a woman who has never allowed herself to be defined by her cerebral palsy.
However, with the police repeatedly dismissing their concerns, Greg and Beth are forced to take matters into their own hands, whittle down the suspects and discover the Kettle Street killer’s identity before he can kill again…
Praise for Death Stalks Kettle Street:
‘I devoured this book … Will keep you guessing all the way.’ – Barbara Copperthwaite, Amazon and USA Today bestselling author.
‘Exciting and compelling… I loved the brilliant way that disability was explored and humanised.’ – Francesca Martinez – Award winning comedian, actress and writer.
‘So much more than your average whodunnit.’ – Tracy Fenton – THE Book Club.
‘exceptional in many ways.’ – Caimh McDonnell, award-winning comedian, BAFTA nominated TV writer and bestselling author.
‘Absolutely WONDERFUL – I loved this book.’ – CompulsiveReaders.com
What Amazon verified purchasers are saying –
– Chose this for our book group. We all loved it… scored 9/10 – the highest so far this year.
– I could not put this down. And when you think you know who did it, you will most likely be wrong. Loved it.
– Wow! I absolutely LOVED this book! I’m always looking to be surprised by the books that I read, I like something a little different-a twist on the norm. And this book had it all for me!
– The story unfolds beautifully, sometimes very funny and always very human. Kept me gripped and guessing till the end.
– completely unputdownable! Not your traditional who-dun-it, Death Stalks Kettle Street is a character fueled murder mystery, cleverly written, shining a comedic insight into the quintessential English street.
– Marvellous! Defies cliche.
– I love both quirky reads and old fashioned ‘cosy crime’ novels; this is a brilliant combining of the two to give a modern challenging ‘whodunnit’ puzzle with some fabulous lead characters. It has some great twists and turns, enough convincing ‘suspects’ for you to consider but I think Greg and Beth are the real stars of this book.
– So much more than just a murder/mystery book. Full of wonderful characters!
– Beth has cerebral palsy and Greg OCD, however, they complement each other and add that much more heart to the story. I myself have been diagnosed with OCD and found that the subject is very accurately described and given the respect the subject deserves.
– Brilliant, quirky and charming… an absolute corker of a book which I struggled to put down.
– A gripping ‘cosy’ murder mystery, one of the best I’ve read in a long time. An absolute must for the fans of Agatha Christie. Well written, intelligent, with wonderful, original characters and unpredictable, suspenseful storyline.
– If you are a sucker for a great ‘who dunnit’ that keeps you guessing right until the end then this is definitely one for you – BUT this book is so much more than that!!